We’re looking for an Office Administration Professional
As an award-winning, global cleantech manufacturing company, we deliver solutions recognized around the world as innovative, high-quality and environmentally conscious to clients in industries from mining to military, communities to NGOs, and more. We’re looking for a smart, motivated individual to join our team as an office administrator.
Our goal – and we think we’ve achieved it – is to provide a flexible, dynamic workplace where everyone at the company is involved and invested in success. We may not have a pool table in the boardroom, but we do have a great location (across from the Appleby GO station and within walking distance of not one but two Tim Hortons!), fantastic people (most of our employees have been with us for 5+ years), and an environment that rewards hard work and believes that a work-life balance is important.
What’s the role?
At Eco Waste, the Office Administrator role is integral to the customer service and organizational strength of the company. You’ll provide administrative and accounting support, greet visitors, and respond to calls and emails.
What you’ll do on a day-to-day basis
- Receive visitors, answer telephone and email inquiries, exchange information and take accurate messages
- Manage inbound and outbound mail, including packages and courier services
- Perform accurate entries and maintain electronic files and databases
- Prepare, update, review, and/or edit various forms of documentation including marketing material and website content
- Accurately and appropriately file documents, invoices, and receipts
- Perform basic bookkeeping functions including general ledger and journal entries and customer invoicing
- Organize and maintain office records and files, including printing, photocopying, labeling, and binding.
- Schedule and confirm appointments, coordinate meetings, marketing events, and conferences
- Prepare travel schedules, expense reports and budgets
- Make travel arrangements
- Prepare agendas for meetings, and transcribe and distribute meeting minutes
- Maintain and monitor office supply and marketing material inventory levels
- Present a positive and professional image of the organization when interacting with employees, clients, visitors, and other external stakeholders
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage conflicting demands
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills and the ability to type 60 words per minute
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs especially Excel, and able to quickly learn new programs and adapt to new technology.
- Experience using SAGE 50 and WordPress is preferred
- Attention to detail and quality
- Degree or diploma in administration, business, or a related field
- Three years of experience in an administrative role
Does this sound like you?
Send your resume with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!